We value the privacy of our Users and as such, we are dedicated to safeguarding the information given to us in the ways we know best. We carry out our services in strict compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Data we collect about you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Identity Data: Information such as, your full name(s), your government-issued identity number, social security number, and your date of birth. This data is to enable us to verify your identity in order to offer our services to you;
- Contact Data: This is data that is needed to reach out to you, such as your contact address, email address, telephone number, details of the device you use and billing details;
- Identification documents :(such as your passport or any Government-issued identity card), a photograph (if applicable) and any other registration information you may provide to prove you are eligible to use our services and in compliance with regulatory requirements on Know Your Customer (KYC). We may also need additional commercial and/or identification information from you, for instance, if you execute certain high-value or high-volume transactions or when we need to comply with our anti-money laundering obligations under applicable law;
- Log/Technical information: When you access Link services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, such as Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, links you have clicked on, length of visit on certain pages, unique device identifier, log-in information, location and other device details.
- Financial Data: Information, such as Bank Verification Number (BVN), personal account number, name and location, the date and the total amount of transaction, and other information provided by financial institutions or merchants when we act on their behalf;
- Transactional Data: These are information relating to a payment when you are using our products or services;
- Marketing and Communications Data: This includes both a record of your decision to subscribe or to withdraw from receiving marketing materials from us or from our third parties.
- Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from third-parties we work with.
- Information from Social Networks: If you log in to our Services through your social media account, we will receive relevant information necessary to enable our Services and authenticate you. The social media network will provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to them, including your name, profile image and e-mail address. The information gotten from the social network is used together with any other information you provided us (when registering or using our services) to create your account and to communicate with you about the products and services we offer.
- Records of your discussions with us, if we contact you and if you contact us.
- Purpose of Processing Personal Information
We process your personal data for the following reasons:
- To create and manage any accounts you may have with us, verify your identity, provide our services, and respond to your inquiries;
- to enable us carry out our obligations relating to your contract with us and to take steps at your request prior to entering into such contract;
- to comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements;